Is Las Vegas Tap Water Safe? (2019)

You can drink tap water in Las Vegas, Nevada. The water here passed the state and international water standards. The Las Vegas Valley Water District delivered reliable water quality. A non-profit utility LVVWD began providing water in 1954 to a service area around 45,000 residences and serving the desert community for about 65 years. The Water District has managed pace, developing, and responsibly controlling the city’s water delivery system. They are serving consumers into periods of extraordinary increase and community growth by the used of sustainable technologies. An example would be solar power and alternative-fueled fleets to enhance effectiveness and maintain the costs of water delivery in the desert.

Las Vegas Tap Water

The Federal government has set out national standards for drinking water in the Safe Drinking Water Act. A law is overseen by the Environmental Protection Agency, which sets the rules that all providers of drinking water in the United States meet the standards. The Safe Drinking Water Act amendments of 1996 require states to develop and implement water assessments to analyze and address potential threats to the safety of drinking water. Evaluation allows the state to identify the sources of drinking water, to inventory any potential sources of contamination. They informed the public with the final results, after determining how vulnerable the water sources to pollutants.

Source of Water in Las Vegas, Nevada USA

The 90% portion of Las Vegas tap water comes from Lake Mead. Snowmelt from the Rocky Mountains, which passes through the Colorado River that leads to Lake Mead. The remaining 10% comes from a groundwater aquifer under the Las Vegas Valley. The supply to the aquifer comes from natural precipitation in the Spring Mountains and the Sheep Range.

In Nevada, the regulations are controlled and reinforced by the Nevada Bureau of Safe Drinking Water. They are in charged with ensuring that the Las Vegas area obeys the federal requirements and sustains water quality in Las Vegas.

Here are some of the Local Convenience Stores in Vegas

  • Green Valley Grocery
  • Your Fremont Market
  • ABC Stores
  • Speedee Mart, Inc.
  • Jay’s Market On Flamingo
  • Vitals
  • One-Stop Market
  • 7-Eleven
  • Downtown Corner Store
  • Circle K
  • Bay Essentials
  • Terrible Herbst Convenience Store

Estimated Bottled Water Price

VolumeUSDEURGBP
1.5-liter$1.25€1.13£1.01

Other sources:


Let them know