Different types of drinking water could be more or less beneficial than other counterparts. Major water types have different properties of content and benefits on our overall health. The main goal of each class is to keep us hydrated. You might be interested in which of these can serve you best on your health needs.
According to reports, no type of water can promise more significant benefits than the other. You can always drink whichever, and as long as it’s safe and clean. Safety, fresh and comfortable with the tastes would be the best choice.
- Tap Water
- Well Water
- Spring Water
- Purified Water
- Mineral Water
- Sparkling Water
- Infused water
- Distilled Water
- Alkaline Water
Benefits of Drinking Water
- Weight loss
Several pieces of research show that drinking enough water can help you lose weight. Drinking water improves your metabolism, clean your body of waste, and acts as an appetite suppressant. Water can also increase calorie burning.
- Lubricates the joints
Synovial fluid that instantly lubricates your joints is made up of water.
- Forms saliva and mucus
Saliva made of 98% of water.
- Delivers oxygen throughout the body
Body fluids transport oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Boosts skin health and beauty
Drinking water will help get rid of skin toxins and hydrates your skin to moisture.
- Cushions the brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissues
Maintaining hydrated defends your brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissues.
- Regulates body temperature
Our body uses water to sweat, urinate, and have bowel movements. Through perspiration, the body temperature regulates in warm temperatures. We are taking water to replenish the lost fluid from sweat.
- The digestive system depends on it
Consuming water during or after a meal aids digestion. Water and other liquids improve the break down of food so that your body can absorb the nutrients. It also softens stool, which helps prevent constipation.
- Flushes body waste
It rinses toxins and waste from the body and carries nutrients to where they are needed.
- Helps maintain blood pressure
When you don’t drink sufficient water, your body tries to secure its fluid supply by maintaining sodium. Sodium is your body’s water-insurance mechanism. Dehydration pushes your body to slowly and orderly close down some of its capillary beds. When some capillary beds shut down, it puts more pressure in the “pipes”—your capillaries and arteries—elevating your blood pressure.
- Airways need it
Water helps to dilute the mucus lining your airways and lungs.
- Makes minerals and nutrients accessible
It assists dissolving minerals and nutrients, making them more available to the body.
- Prevents kidney damage
Clean water supports the kidneys to remove wastes from your blood in the form of urine.
- Reduces the chance of a hangover
Although dehydration is not recognized as a primary cause of hangovers, it may contribute to symptoms like thirst, headache, fatigue, and dry mouth.
Safest Bottled Water
Since safe drinking water not accessible to some locations, people shift to bottled water. Everyone needs to know which bottled water is safe for them to consume.
People think plastic bottled water is bad for your health. It’s not that much. Bottles release a small amount of chemical to the water inside; this amount is theoretically not harmful to health. According to experts, high temperatures can cause hazardous plastic antimony. You should always keep your bottled water under the shade. We are unaware of what condition was kept before to get it from the stores.
The safe bottled water depends on its condition. Assorted bottled water have different mineral content and went through a various procedure or fresh from springs. One of the best parameter to check is the optimal pH level. (between 6.5 – 8.5)
- Fiji – owned by The Wonderful Company. Artesian water that came from deep underground reserves. This brand is pricier than typical bottled water but one of the safest drinking water.
- Evian – owned by French multinational corporation. This brand meets all regulations and safe bottled water standards.
- Nestlé Pure Life – owned by Nestlé. Springwater that’s loaded in minerals. Cleaned and examined under strict restrictions and safe to drink.
- Alkaline Water 88 – added Himalayan salt that contains a small amount of iron, zinc, calcium, and potassium.
- Glaceau Smart Water – not better than your tap water; however, it’s purified and has added minerals. Coca-Cola owned this brand.